Saturday, July 17, 2010

Playing Tourist

Even after living in Colorado Springs for 27 years, I still love doing the "touristy" things. (and getting out of the 95 heat)  Today we drove up Pikes Peak for the first time with the kids.  Syd had a blast on the drive up and down, even though she was a little scared on the sheer drops next to the road.  Once we got to the top, we walked around and got a small lunch, 2 tiny cheeseburgers, nachos and an order of fries for 18 bucks!  Next time we'll be taking our own lunch!  I think Syd, Alex and I were getting a bit of altitude sickness.  Syd and I got some pretty bad headaches and Alex wouldn't eat.  He was definately not feeling well to pass up a burger and fries!  On the way back down, we stopped at one of the lakes so James and Syd could fish.  Alex had a ball playing in the rocks and throwing them every which way.

No comments:

Post a Comment