It's hard to believe that one year ago today I got "The Call" from CCAI that there is a file of an "adorable little boy with club feet that they would like us to review" and of course I said "Absolutely!!" So I call James and tell him to meet me at home, he's busy and doesn't want to leave work. I told him to meet me so he can see a picture of his son. Dead silence....What?
So as soon as we are both home we open the e mail from CCAI and see these cheeks!
and those feet!
And I'm thinking "That boy is mine!" and James is thinking "Hmmm, not too sure about those feet, but he sure is cute." I had no doubts whatsoever but James was concerned about those adorable feet. How are they fixed, will insurance cover it, will he be able to do "normal" things. Ponseti Method, Yes, Absolutely! Me being me had already researched EVERYTHING before we even turned in our Waiting Child paperwork so I explained everything to James and he said to call CCAI!
That afternoon when Syd and James were home, we opened these pictures and told Syd "This is your little brother" She was thrilled, "not too sure about those feet mom, but he sure is cute".


No comments:
Post a Comment