Tuesday, March 1, 2011

One Year...

One year ago we loaded on a small bus on the other side of the world with 3 other families for the short ride to our son.  What a year it's been!  It's been much easier than I thought it would be and some rough spots too.


  • The surprise surgery for hypospadias
  • The terrible twos!
  • He really likes to get up early, I'm not a morning person. 
  • The weekly cast changes were much tougher than I thought they would be.
  • The loss of "me" was hard to get used to again, being needed constantly, having a constant companion, not being able to just pick up and go anymore, working around naps again!  

But what a great kid he's become!

  • He's a little comedian.  If he has water in his cup he'll run through his list of beverages with hilarity.  (He's going to be in trouble at school I think :-)
         COCO MILK
         REGULAR MILK
         APPLE JUICE
         ORANGE JUICE
  •  He talks amazingly well and is always chatting.
  • "Walk Later" is the first thing he says in the morning.
  • He runs everywhere now!
  • The joy on his face when he is walking is fantastic to see!
  • He loves to read!
  • He LOVES his big sister (she's a wonderful help and loves him right back!)
  • Dump trucks, buses, trains, airplanes, helicopters are his favorite things.
  • He has a special relationship with food :-)  
  • He has a great laugh and we hear it often.
  • He likes going shopping and out for coffee with the ladies ;-)
  • Did I mention he's funny?




No comments:

Post a Comment