We've lived in our house for 10 years and last year I finally started painting and trying to de-80's everything. I've wanted to do it for years but always some excuse to not get started--until a good friend was sitting here at my kitchen table one day drinking coffee got up and started taking down pictures, ripping off shiny silver wallpaper and popping off paneling.
It was easy to get everything done at that time because Alex was still taking 2 naps and slept like a rock! I got the entire downstairs painted and it's slowly getting decorated the way I want it.
For my gallery wall I took pics of old family pictures and had them all printed in sepia tone, scrounged the house and Goodwill for frames and "stuff" and spray painted all the frames brown. Syd helped me trace all of the frames onto paper to hang on the wall to get the set up I wanted without making a ton of little holes. The only measuring I did was to make sure each side was the same distance from the windows on either side. Now that I'm looking at a picture of it, I might move a couple pictures a bit but I'm really happy with the way it turned out.
 |
| Pictures and paper. |
 |
| Baby pics, single photos and wedding pics of my parents on one side |
 |
| James' parents on the other. |
|
|
|
 |
| The finished wall with the kids on center stage. |
love it!
ReplyDelete