Alex's new favorite book is The Foot Book.
Appropriate since so much revolves around his little feet.
Which are doing great by the way!
We go to physical therapy once a week, well he does. He acts up too much when I'm there so I get to sit in the waiting room and read.
We started a mommy and me gymnastics class which had been really good for him. It's forcing him to do a lot of toe movement which is tough for him. And he gets to climb and jump on the trampoline, what can be better than that?
Alex still wears his "bar bar" (Ponseti brace) at bedtime and now he has AFO braces that we call "Car Boots" that he wears several hours a day. That's to help keep his feet in the proper position while walking around. He tends to curl his feet when he get tired, so these are helping quite a bit.
But does that boy have some serious stinky feet! I wish I could let him be barefoot all the time because his feet are just icky!
It's been a long and sometimes discouraging road, but I'm hoping we're on the right track to keep his feet straight, healthy and pain free!
No comments:
Post a Comment