Friday, August 10, 2012

Dear Daddy,

As I sit here listening to your breath slowly fade away, I remember.

I remember the adventures we had when I was little when we lived in places that most people will never have the opportunity to even visit.

I remember whenever you had to fly to the States, you would always bring me new books and stuffed animals.

I remember exploring Colorado when we moved here and all the adventures we went on together.

I remember what a rotten teenager I was and how I wished you were there more for me.

I remember as I got older what a huge support you were to me.  You supported me and loved me unconditionally.

I remember how happy and proud you were when I stepped off the airplane holding your grandchildren.

I remember all the visits and long stays in the hospital and rehab.  It was so hard to see you so sick and hopeless.

I remember how full of hope and love and happiness you were 5 days ago when you were with your grandkids.

I remember the total love you had for mom.

Goodbye for now daddy.

I'll always love you.

I'll always remember.

Love, 

Reggie Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment