Little man is lookin' pretty smug about having 2 below the knee casts!
Because...
the skin behind his left leg is rubbed raw, so he get a break from the full length until next Wednesday.Then one more week of casts and we see his ortho to discuss more surgery. This surgery will be more invasive than what he had done last August. Last year the surgeon took a tiny blade and went through the capsule around his achilles tendon and made a small nick in the tendon to help it stretch-called a tenotomy. Then it was 3 weeks of casts and into the brace.
This surgery would involve cutting all the way through the capsule and the tendon-called a posterior release. (I'm sure there's another name for it, but not sure what that is) Longer recovery time in cast (6 weeks I think).
I've posted on my 2 clubfoot Yahoo groups to try and get more info so we can go into the ortho appointment with more knowledge than just the procedure. I want to know the long time effects of this type of surgery. I'm worried that it might be great now, but in the long run is he going to have problems with that foot. So far, I've had postive feedback about the surgery which eases my mind a bit.
So, more research and hoping that his little heel will cooperate and drop in the next 2 weeks :-)
Please tuck a soft towel in his cast and it will feel much better...been there done that. Also aloe makes it feel better.
ReplyDelete