Thursday, September 29, 2011

Off to St Louis...

No surgery---for now.
I contacted two of the top clubfoot drs by e mail, sent them notes, copies of x-rays and pictures of Alex's feet. Neither of them felt the surgery recommended was necessary.  One of them said that a tenotomy should suffice and the other said that he really couldn't make a good judgment on what the best treatment would be without examining Alex. 

So after lots of phone calls to our insurance company (Dr Dobbs is in network. Whoot,Whoot!) and different drs for referrals and notes, we're heading to St Louis in a few weeks for a second opinion.  

By we, I mean myself and Alex.  Syd has a Rubik's Cube competition a couple of days after Alex's appointment and she's made a commitment to her team to be there.  And since she can actually solve the thing, she can't wait to do the competition.  Besides, if we all went, we'd spend waaay to much money doing fun things in 
St Louis :-)

Gotta say, the thought of being in the car for 13 hours with a 2 year old makes me cringe!  I've never driven that far by myself before so I'm a bit nervous.  But I'll make it work, stock up on lots of snacks, music, crayons, Little Einsteins movies and coffee for me.  Maybe I'll try some of those 5 hour energy drinks I've seen commercials for :-)

Anything for these little feet.

















No comments:

Post a Comment