Wednesday, March 10, 2010

2 More Days

We're leaving for home in 2 days and I think we're all ready. But we have a bit more to do before we fly out. Today we went exploring on and off the island. We went to the food market off the island and that is an interesting experience. Lots and lots of different kinds of mushrooms, herbs, dried starfish, dried lizards, snake skins, live turtles and live scorpions. One of our group members got a scorpion and he's going to find out from our representative how to eat it. So it's in their room, alive in a baggie!

Today was our Red Couch Photos. For those of you who don't know, it is a tradition for adoptive families to get pictures on a red couch at the White Swan Hotel. I got pics of our group so I hope I get the order right with the pictures since I can't label them myself.

First is our family, next is Jerry, Chris and Liam, next is Bob, Susanne and Ty, and last is the Beall family. Of course Alex was the one who kept crying, poor kid kept tipping over :-)

Tomorrow we're off to the zoo and we have our consulate appointment in the afternoon. Too bad the consulate isn't right next to the hotel anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment