Tomorrow we're going to hang out around the hotel, explore the shops and try to find the playground. Most importantly it's Alex's birthday! He's doing really well with crawling and does it more and more. Especially when there's food involved! Syd is still liking being a big sister, except when Alex sleeps, cries or poops. But she and Alex love doing "This Little Piggy" with his toes. He just giggles up a storm! James and Syd are playing on her Nintendo DS, Alex is sleeping and I get to go do paperwork. Does it ever end????
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Guangzhou on Sunday
After the hot, sweaty weather yesterday it's now cool and as fresh feeling as a city of 13 million can feel. The Colorado families are loving it, the Georgia family, not so much :-)
Today we went to the Six Banyan's Temple where we got the kids blessed, of course Alex was asleep. As soon as he gets into the Ergo, he's out for the count. I added a picture of Syd in front of the temple where she was blessed by a Buddhist monk 6 years ago. It was so weird being there again, it was all exactly the same. Then we toured the Guangzhou Folk Museum and that changed a lot, but it is still beautiful. And of course we did some more shopping. Syd and Alex got a jade circle necklace and I got a jade Buddha to add to my "good fortune" necklace I got on our last trip to China. Syd finally got to spend her last 15 yuan from the tooth fairy on a small silk mirror.
So last time we were here I lost 7 or 8 pounds so I was excited to do that again. Not! All the food we've eaten has been good, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if I never ate another noodle. We've had Pizza Hut, Subway, and Papa Johns and of course lots of Chinese food. They have Dominoes Pizza, McDonalds, 7-11, WalMart, Holiday Inn and lots of other places you wouldn't expect to see in China.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment